Tacos are a big hit in our house! I think the kids enjoy “making their own”! To mix it up, I thought we’d try this recipe out from Sweet C’s Designs! Looks like I’ll be hiding a few extra veggies next taco night!
Image from Sweet C’s Designs
- 1 lb lean ground beef (chicken, or turkey)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 large bell peppers, diced
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 TBS Primal Palate’s taco seasoning (see below)
- 3 cups baby kale and greens mix or other salad
I’ll be serving the fixings with our tacos, making it not paleo most likely…. 🙂
- In a large pan, add ground meat, crumble, and brown.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add diced onion, zucchinis, and peppers and cook until soft and browned.
- Add tomatoes and stir.
- Mix in taco seasoning- add a tbsp water if needed to mix.
- Keep on stove until taco mix has fully incorporated tacos.
- Add salad or greens to a bowl, and spoon taco mixture over the top.
- Serve and enjoy!
PRIMAL PALATE’S TACO SEASONING (www.primalpalate.com)
Save extra for future use!
- 2 TBS chili powder
- 1-1/2 TBS cumin
- 1-1/2 TBS paprika
- 1 TBS onion powder
- 1 TBS garlic powder
- 2 Teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes