The title of this recipe intrigued me! Haha And maybe it will intrigue my kids to try it! I like making “pies” for dinner like quiches and pot pies because they’re great as leftovers too. Noshing with the Nolands has tons of great recipe ideas inclusing 50 Fast and Easy Back to School recipe. SOLD!
Sign up for the Lunchbox Love newsletter now! We’ll be featuring how to tuck laughter and kindness into your busy days!
- 1 lb. ground beef, lean or extra lean
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1 envelope taco seasoning (I use Epicure as it is low sodium)
- 1 small can (4.5 oz.) diced green chilies
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1¼ cups milk
- ¾ cup Bisquick, gluten free if needed
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp. hot sauce, or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Saute the beef with the onions in a large skillet until browned and cooked through. Stir in taco seasoning and mix in water according to package. Cook until water evaporates. Spread the meat mixture into a 10″ pie pan sprayed with cooking spray. Layer on the chilies and then the cheese.
- In a blender, mix together the milk, Bisquick, eggs, hot sauce and salt and pepper. Blend on high for 2 min. Pour over meat mixture. Bake for 30 – 35 min. or until crispy browned on top.