This is what we are having for dinner tonight. But today, I do not need to make it because I froze half of my last batch for an easy dinner! Every time I make sauce, I freeze half so that on a rush nigh (or not, like tonight!), we’ll have a healthy option for dinner. And, if you have been reading the blog for a while, you know pasta is my family’s favorite. I’ve also put this sauce on spaghetti squash and zucchini noodles – yummy options! A lot of times when I cook spaghetti sauce I’ll use ground pork or turkey. All taste super. This recipe is from Tastes Better from Scratch! If you have an instpot, looks like she has some fab recipes to try too!
This is the best time to sign up for our newsletter. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are coming right up so don’t miss our sales!
- 1 pound ground beef (or 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage and 1/2 lb ground beef)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- crushed red pepper flakes , to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (optional)
- spaghetti noodles , for serving
Season ground beef with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, add the beef and chopped onion and brown. Drain excess grease.
Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, worcestershire, and sugar to the skillet.
Stir well to combine and bring to a boil. Add water and stir well.
Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Add chopped basil before serving, if desired.