- Total: 26
- Google +0
This is a great Sunday meal. The roasting takes a while so it may be tough to make during the week for anyone who works a later schedule. I bet you could do that part ahead of time!
Recipe and image from recipe runner.com Looks like there are other recipes to try as well like the Peach Pie Energy Bites – as my 4 year old would say…OMG!
Check out our printable page for some FREE Lunchbox Love® Leprechaun Jokes. St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 large chicken breast or 2 small, cut into bite sized pieces (or buy a pre-cooked chicken!)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, depending on how spicy you like things
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 ounce 1/3 less fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Rub or spray the interior with oil and season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place the halves cut side down on the baking sheet and roast in the oven for approximately 40 minutes or until a knife can be inserted in the flesh easily.
- Remove from the oven and let the squash cool until it can be handled.
- Using a fork scoop out the flesh in long strands and put them in a bowl.
- Place the skin/shell back on the baking sheet and set aside.
Chicken and Broccoli Filling
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with oil and heat over medium high heat.
- When the skillet is hot add in the chicken, season with salt and pepper and sauté until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet onto a plate.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add a couple teaspoons of olive oil to the skillet.
- Swirl the oil to coat the bottom of the skillet then add in the shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Sauté for about a minute then add in the broccoli florets.
- Season with salt and pepper then add in a couple tablespoons of water and cover with a lid.
- Let the broccoli steam for about 2 minutes, then uncover and add the chicken back in.
- Add in the cream cheese and chicken broth and stir everything until smooth and a sauce starts to form.
- Add in half of the shredded cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Greek yogurt until combined.
- Taste for seasoning then put the filling back into the spaghetti squash shells and top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Broil in the oven until the cheese is melted then serve.
No comments yet.