I’m definitely making this tonight – with a rotisserie chicken to make it super easy! We’ll be outside all day, enjoying this weather we have been hoping and praying for! Maybe we’ll even be able to eat out on the deck! Enjoy! This recipe is from Julia’s Album.
Our weekly newsletter is something to talk about! Sign up here!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger
- 3 tablespoons toasted white sesame seeds, divided
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 pound thin spaghetti or linguine
- 1 pound sugar snap peas
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and seeded, and thinly sliced
- 4 green onions or scallions, sliced
- 2 cups sliced grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken or shredded cooked chicken
- In a medium bowl, combine and whisk together the vegetable oil, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, 2 tablespoons sesame seeds and peanut butter. Optional: if your sauce is to thick, add a little bit of water at a time to reach the desired consistency (maximum 1/4 cup of water).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti (or linguine) and cook according to package directions. Drain, rinse under very cold water (to stop cooking), drain again and set aside.
- Bring another pot of salted water to a boil, add the sugar snap peas, and cook for about 5 minutes, until peas are crisp tender. Drain, rinse under very cold water (to stop cooking), drain again and set aside.
- Combine the noodles, sugar snap peas, rec bell peppers and green onions (scallions) in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the noodle-veggie mixture. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds and toss together. Top with sliced or shredded chicken. Alternatively, you can mix in the chicken together with other salad ingredients and toss with the salad dressing.