Believe it or not, I have all of these ingredients in my house! Well, except for the sesame seeds. I won’t use them and I will cook white onions with the turkey to boost the flavor! I found this on The Schmidty Wife. Also, do you have an Instapot? I always cook my rice in mine.
Sign up for our newsletter to get ready for the holidays! Black Friday is right around the corner!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups uncooked rice (white or brown)
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- green onion & sesame seeds for garnish
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat brown the ground turkey 8-10 minutes until fully cooked.
- While turkey is cooking, make the sauce. Add garlic, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes, and black pepper to a bowl. Mix together.
- Once turkey is fully cooked add the sauce to the skillet. Cook 3-4 minutes until the sauce thickens/absorbs into the turkey.
- Serve the turkey over the rice. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.