Intention Setting Meditation for the New Year 2018-2019
If you’ve been following me for a while you know that I’m a big fan of traditions; especially family ones. One of our favorite family traditions is setting intentions (goals) for the New Year.
The New Year can be an exciting time, a spiritual opportunity to connect and reflect on what’s been working for you and let go of the things that aren’t. The reason I stopped setting resolutions a few years back is because inherent in setting a resolution you are saying that you are not good enough and that you will be happier when you achieve your goals. When you set an intention you are saying to yourself and the universe that you are enough and you release any attachment to the outcome. For example you may still want to lose weight but it becomes less about the pounds and fitting into a particular outfit and more about eating and exercising in a way that you are caring for you body with love and kindness.
Below Are some Tips and a Meditation to help you and your family set your intentions for the New Year.
- Set aside approximately a half hour or more.
- Find a quiet place to write and a comfortable place to sit.
- Get clear on what you want by asking yourself: How do I want to feel in the New Year?
- Write your intentions on a piece of paper or in a special journal that you set aside until next year. This way you can go back and read and reflect on the year that’s gone by and get ready for the new year with more intention setting.
- Write your intentions in a list or as a letter.
- **Super important! Write each intention in the present tense as though you already have everything you want. For example: I am happy, I am fit and healthy. I choose to eat food that nourishes my body. I love myself and those around me with ease. I feel healthy and happy and loved etc…
- **Feel how good it feels (feel gratitude) to have all of your intentions as you write them down.
- **Release/let go of your intentions and any outcomes with a faith and deep knowing that with proper execution and nurturing, your intentions will manifest if they are for your highest good. Just like a seed. You can’t hold on to it and expect it to grow. You have to let it go and plant it in rich soil in order for it to become what it was intended to be.
Click below the guided meditation.Happy New Year! May all your intentions manifest in the most perfect way for your highest good!
Music credit: Relaxing Live Sleep Music: Deep Sleeping Music, Beat Insomnia, Relaxing Music, Sleep Meditation by Body Mind Zone courtesy of You Tube
If you like this meditation and are interested in having your own personalized meditation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org