If I can tuck a few vegetables into my main dish, I like to do that. My family is more likely to eat them without hemming and hawing! 😉 We have spinach salads all the time, but I very rarely cook my spinach. How can I go wrong with this one though. When you make this recipe, please share your thoughts with Lunchbox Love® and what changes you might have made!
Sign up for our newsletter and always know the goings-on’s at Lunchbox Love®!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp light cream cheese
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, and divided into two portions
- zest and juice of one lemon, juice divided into two portions
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking tray.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, parmesan, spinach, one portion of the garlic, and one portion of the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, combine the rest of the garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme, smoked paprika, and olive oil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then rub the chicken breasts in the marinade.
- Put the chicken breasts on a greased baking tray, then make a split across the centre of the breasts, making it deep enough to hold the spinach and cheese mixture.
- Divide the spinach cheese mixture into four portions, then stuff the mixture into the incisions made in the chicken breasts.
- Bake the chicken for 25-35 minutes (depending on size), or until a meat thermometer reads 165°F.