I actually made this last night for my husband’s little birthday party. So, we will be eating leftovers of it today. It was one of those things where I didn’t know if our family would love it…but we have a friend that is a vegetarian so I wanted to have an option for her. I decided to make this and a meat lasagna. By far, this seemed to be the favorite! Surprise! This recipe is from Kevin & Amanda. Check them out. Looks like there’s other delicious recipes too!
Sign up for our newsletter for great lunch ideas and more!
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, well drained
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 12 oven ready lasagna noodles
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9×13″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine spinach and artichoke hearts in a food processor until smooth and creamy. (Or chop each separately with a knife until roughly chopped)
- Melt butter and garlic in a large pot over medium heat until just melted. Whisk in the flour and cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, salt, and pepper. Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Add Parmesan cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat and stir in spinach and artichokes.
- Spread 1 cup sauce in the bottom of prepared dish. Top with 4 noodles. Spread 2 cups sauce over noodles. Top with 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese. Layer 4 more noodles, top with 2 cups sauce, 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese, and final 4 noodles. Top with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese. (Tip: Break noodles if necessary to fit the baking dish.)
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 10-15 more minutes until browned and bubbly. Let lasagna stand for 5-10 minutes before cutting.