This fourth of July is on a Tuesday so if you’re out and about and not cooking tonight save this for – Taco Tuesday! A shrimp dish is a great alternative for grilling if you are “burgered-out” or just want something different. Let us know what you think! The cilantro lime sauce sounds DELICIOUS! This recipe is from a Pinch of Yum blog.
I know summer just started, but guess what? Back to School is right around the corner! AHHHH! So, be prepared and sign up for our newsletter! You’ll be happy to be on top of all the extraordinary Lunchbox Love® sales! Your kid’s lunch boxes will have that personal touch every day when opened! 🙂
For the Garlic Cilantro Lime Sauce
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 2-3 cloves garlic (less if you’re sensitive to garlicky things)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- juice of 2 limes
- ½ cup sour cream
For the Shrimp Tacos
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 1 teaspoon each chili powder, cumin, and southwestern seasoning (see notes)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 2-3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1-2 avocados
- Cotija cheese and additional cilantro for topping
- lime wedges for serving
- Pulse all the sauce ingredients except the sour cream in a food processor. When mostly smooth, add the sour cream and pulse until combined. Taste and adjust as needed. Set aside.
- Heat a drizzle of oil a large skillet over medium high heat. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and sprinkle with the spices. Add the shrimp to the hot pan and saute for 5-8 minutes, flipping occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Toss some of the sauce (not all) with the cabbage until it the cabbage is coated to your liking. It should resemble a coleslaw – you want it to be enough sauce so the cabbage is weighed down a little bit. Use leftover sauce on top of the tacos or in other recipes.
- To serve tacos, smash a spoonful of avocado on the tortillas, top with a few pieces of shrimp, top with coleslaw, and finish with Cotjia cheese, cilantro, and lime wedges.