Who doesn’t like a warm soup on a cool Fall day…or Winter day! So, put this in your file as a “must make” to warm you up! Add crusty bread and YUM! Check out this recipe and the Skinny Cookie ‘N Cream Chocolate Cake on The Recipe Critic!
Image from The Recipe Critic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 whole carrots, diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste (I added 1 tsp salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper)
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup ditalini pasta, uncooked
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and add in ground beef. Cook until browned and no longer pink.
- Place the beef in a slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients except for the beans and pasta.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. 30 minutes before serving stir in beans and pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Discard bay leaves before serving.
- Serve immediately while hot.