Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
I don’t know about you but on these beautiful days of Spring into Summer, I do not want to be cooking inside! My cousin is a huge fan of the crockpot and recently made a recipe like this for family. Our turn to try! This one is from Well Plated.
Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter! July is the time when we highlight Back to School” specials so you want to be ON that!
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, cut across grain into thin slices
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic paste, Sriracha, or 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus additional to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 large cloves)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 cups broccoli florets (about 2 small crowns)
- Prepared brown rice or quinoa, for serving
- Chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds, optional for serving
- Coat a 4-quart or larger slow cooker with nonstick spray. Place the beef in the bottom.
- In a small bowl, stir together the beef broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, rice vinegar, chili-garlic paste, and garlic. Pour over the beef, then stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup water and cornstarch. Stir into the slow cooker with the beef and sauce, then place the broccoli on top. Cover, turn the heat to high, and cook another 30 minutes, until the broccoli is tender. Serve warm over rice, sprinkled with green onions and sesame seeds as desired.