Back to the grill folks! After an indulgent vacation and birthday WEEKEND for my son, we have to get back to some healthy choices! I serve fruit with almost every meal because I know my kids will eat fruit more often than veggies! What do you think about fruit salsa? I’ve made a recipe very similar to this one before and it was delish! I feel you have to mix it up sometimes and try something new! Please share your healthy recipes and we will, in turn, share! This one is from Weary Chef.
Think about signing up for our newsletter to stop the Back-to-School Jitters! IT will help your kids and put your mind at east!
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped (seeded if you prefer less heat)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- juice of 2 limes
- pinch of kosher salt
- Smithfield Slow Smoked Mesquite Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet, sliced into 1-1/2″ thick medallions
- Stir all salsa ingredients together (everything but the pork). Allow to rest at least a half hour before serving to allow the flavors to develop. Adjust salt and lime to taste.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill sliced pork medallions for 3-5 minutes per side until cooked through. (Cooking time will vary depending on how hot your grill is. Internal temperature should reach at least 145 degrees F.)
- Remove cooked pork to a plate and allow to rest for a few minutes. Serve topped with strawberry salsa.