Is it me or are you ready for something else to eat other than turkey? If not, I say add some to this White Bean Soup by Cafe Delites. I bet that would be a delicious add! Oh – and if you still have leftovers check out our blog post from last year for 8 Great Ideas for Transforming Thanksgiving Leftovers.
Sign up for our newsletter now because TOMORROW is Cyber Monday and you don’t want to miss it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 6-8 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth (or stock)
- 15 ounces (420 g) can diced tomatoes,drained*
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (15 ounce) cans white beans (cannellini beans), drained and rinsed
- 4 cups baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese(for serving)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a large pot or saucepan, heat olive over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant (about 2-3 minutes), while stirring occasionally. Add in the broth, tomatoes, sugar, Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes to combine all of the flavors together
- Stir in the beans and spinach. Continue to simmer gently until the spinach has wilted, (about 2 minutes).
- Take off heat. Stir through the parmesan cheese. Taste test, adjust salt and pepper if needed.