I vow to make this a non-stress meal prep week. That means it will include the slow cooker at least one day! And this is the recipe on the shopping list. I’ll serve this corn chowder from Delish with a side salad.
Get ready for halloween by signing up for our newsletter! We share great lunch ideas, great party ideas and sales you just cannot pass up!
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 c. canned corn
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 3 c. Shredded chicken
- 1 1/3 c. shredded Cheddar
- 1/4 c. whole milk
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbsp. chives, for garnish
- Into your slow cooker, place potatoes and flour. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Next, stir in chicken broth, corn, thyme, basil and onion powder. Cook on high for 3 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in chicken, cheese, milk and cream, until cheese is melted and fully incorporated. Heat for another 10 minutes to warm the chicken.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with pepper, bacon and chives. Serve.