We’ll certainly have leftovers! Who doesn’t?!?! So, I’m going to make the following. Hope you are having a wonderful Easter! This recipe is from Jo Cooks.
- 1 leftover ham bone
- 2 cups leftover ham chopped in cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 whole parsnip peeled and cleaned
- 8 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 19 oz cannellini beans (1 can), drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
In a large soup pot, heat olive oil. Add onion, celery and carrot and cook for about 5 minutes until onion is tender.
Add garlic, ham, ham bone, parsnip, bay leaves and the broth. If you don’t have a ham bone, just skip it. Bring to a boil and lower heat to medium. Let cook for about 30 minutes.
- Add rinsed beans, cumin, thyme and season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking for another 30 minutes.
Remove ham bone, bay leaves and parsnip. Garnish with parsley and serve.