With the weather getting nice here in the Northeast, I’ll want to be outside and not standing over the stove. Our schedules have gotten crazy with baseball almost every night of the week so we will be eating lots of sandwiches and wraps. I think this is good one to cook the chicken in advance and then put out the toppings for my family to put their own together. This recipe is from Tastes Better from Scratch.
Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter for the latest and greatest sales and Holiday ideas!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped pineapple, fresh or canned
- 1/4 of a red onion, chopped
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 4-5 large wheat or white tortillas
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken pieces to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook, flipping once until chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Remove pan from heat. Add barbecue sauce to the pan and toss chicken to coat.
- Place tortilla on a plate. Layer with a spoonful of barbecue chicken, cheese, pineapple, onion, chopped romaine and cilantro. Roll, burrito style and secure with a toothpick. Serve immediately.