No game day is complete without a plate of nachos! These are on the healthier side – just topped with a little quest fresco! Display all the ingredients buffet style so everyone can make their pile of nachos just the way they like ’em! Check out other game day recipes at www.thecreativebite.com!
Image from The Creative Bite
- 5 white corn tortillas
- ½ lb. chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 jar 16oz salsa verde
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 oz. queso fresco, crumbled
- ½ c. cilantro, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400°. Stack the tortillas and cut them all into 6 wedges each for a total of 30 wedges. Arrange the pieces on a lined cookie sheet and spray them all generously with non-stick cooking spray. Bake for 15-18 minutes until the chips are all crispy and there are no chewy party remaining. Allow the chips to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile in a saute pan, cook the chicken and onion for 3-5 minutes. Add the salsa verde and continue to cook for 5 minutes, so the salsa verde reduces to about half the volume and the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- On a large plate arrange the baked chips and top with the chicken verde mixture, tomatoes, queso fresco and cilantro. Serve immediately.