- Total: 15
- Google +0
How about having your menu planned for you? Here are some Easter dinner ideas to make your gathering simple!
Pineapple Glazed Holiday Ham – image and recipe from Lauren Greutman
- 10-15 lb. ham (boneless or bone-in)
- 1 can Sweet Harvest pineapple slices
- Juice from canned pineapple
- Whole cloves
- 2 cups Baker’s Corner brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Burman’s spicy brown mustard
- 2 Tbsp SimplyNature apple cider vinegar
- Preheat over to 325 F
- Score the ham in a diamond pattern, about 1/8″ deep.
- Place pineapple rings evenly around the ham. Use the cloves to fix them to the ham.
- Place ham in a large roasting pan on a rack.
- Bake covered (or in a foil tent) for about 2 hours.
- In a medium sauce pan, whisk together the pineapple juice, brown sugar, mustard, and vinegar.
- Heat over medium stirring often, until the liquid has reduced a bit and thickens up. This should take about 15 minutes.
- Uncover the ham and baste with the liquid.
- Cook for another 30 minutes, basting a few more times while it cooks.
- Remove from oven and let it rest for about 15 minutes before carving.
The Best Glazed Carrots – image and recipe from Platings + Pairings
- 1 pound carrots peeled, about 6 medium
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Ground black pepper
Slice the carrots, on the bias, about 1/4 inch thick.
Bring the carrots, salt, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, and the chicken broth to a boil in a 12-inch skillet, covered, over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are almost tender when poked with a fork, about 5 minutes. Uncover, increase the heat to high, and simmer rapidly, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons, 1 to 2 minutes.
Cut the butter into 4 pieces and add it to the skillet along with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Toss the carrots to coat and cook, stirring frequently, until the carrots are completely tender and the glaze is light gold, about 3 minutes. Off the heat, add the lemon juice and minced thyme and toss to coat.
Season to taste with pepper and serve immediately.
Roasted Baby Potatoes in a Homemade Mushroom Sauce – image and recipe from The Cookie Writer
- 1.5 pounds baby OR Creamer potatoes, washed and left whole
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, halved and sliced 1/4-1/2 inch thick
- 8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp. ground thyme
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup white OR red wine (can omit and use more broth)
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped (about 30 grams or 1 oz)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place mushrooms, potatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, chili flakes, and thyme into a large mixing bowl. Toss until evenly coated. Pour into a large cast iron skillet and spread out evenly. Roast for 15 minutes. Toss and cook for another 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Remove from oven and place pan over medium heat.
- Pour in wine and cook until dissipated, about 2-3 minutes. Pour in broth and cream. Sprinkle with half the chives. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Garnish with remaining chives and serve!
- Note: If you do not have a cast iron pan, just cook the mixture in an oven safe pan or baking sheet and then transfer to a stove-top frying or saute pan to finish the recipe off!
Carrot Cake Trifle – image and recipe from A Step in the Journey
- 1 box of Carrot Cake Mix & required ingredients
- 1 Carrot
- 8oz of softened cream cheese
- 1.5 sticks of softened butter
- 3.5 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 16 oz Cool Whip (two regular tubs or one big one)
- Chopped walnuts of pecans
- Prepare the carrot cake recipe as instructed (I like to add shredded carrots to the mix to make it feel a little more authentic) in a 9×13 pyrex baking dish. Allow to cool when finished then cut into cubes.
- For the whipped mixture: Using an electric mixer on medium/high speed cream together the softened cream cheese and butter until it becomes light and fluffy. This will take 3-5 minutes and you will need to scrape down the sides. Turn the mixer down to a low speed and add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until combined. Pour in vanilla and mix for another 2-3 minutes as it continues to fluff. With the mixer still on low add the Cool Whip a little at a time until everything is combined.
- In a trifle bowl or deep glass bowl, place in one layer of carrot cake pieces/crumbles. Then add a layer of your whipped cream cheese mixture. Repeat ending with the whipped cream cheese on top. Add the crushed walnuts or pecans to the top and refrigerate until it’s time to serve.
No comments yet.