My neighbor was craving this the other day so I whipped up a batch and we had one of our many impromptu dinners together. This was one of my mom’s signature dishes (it’s American Chop Suey to us!)when I was little and I always loved it. In comes, the modern version so dinner is ready when you arrive home from work and have a busy evening ahead of you! The loved crockpot version! This recipe is from Spend With Pennies. She always has thrift ideas so check her out!
Sign up for our newsletter and receive the best savings coupons! Be ahead of the curve with Holiday giving and receive heart-to-heart advice from our CEO!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1/2 medium onions diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 green pepper diced
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 24 oz pasta sauce jarred or canned
- 28 oz diced tomatoes canned, do not drain
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz mushrooms canned, do not drain
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt, or to taste
- 3 cups pasta shells uncooked
Brown ground beef, onions and garlic until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
Add ground beef mixture to CrockPot. Add all remaining ingredients except the uncooked shells.
Cook on High for 2 hours or low for 4-5 hours.
Prepare shells al dente according to package directions. Drain well and stir into meat sauce. Cover and cook an additional 10 minutes to heat through.