I made this insanely delicious dinner last night compliments of @thetodayshow! I have two teenagers who are super social and if I didn’t make a point of cooking special family dinners at least a few times a week I might never see them. Can anyone relate? Lucky for me they LOVE to eat well and I’m able to kill two birds with one stone- have a yummy dinner AND quality family time. I haven’t made this in a long time. It’s a family favorite and includes two ingredients I rarely use but give it so much flavor: 1. fresh tarragon and 2. creme fraiche. I cooked it in one pan and it only took about 20 minutes! If you try it it, let me know what you think!
1½ pounds boneless and skinless chicken breast
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1 cup cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 cup hot chicken broth
1\2 cup fresh new peas
1/2 pound thin pencil asparagus, sliced into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup crème fraîche
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
Get the best Lunchbox Love® ideas and deals by signing up for our newsletter! You’ll be insanely happy that you did! 😉
1. Cut the chicken breasts across the grain into 1/4-inch thick slices and season with the salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil with 1 tablespoon of the butter. Add the chicken to the hot skillet and cook for 4 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook the other side until done. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a plate and keep warm.
3. Add the remaining oil and butter to the skillet. When the butter foams, add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Return the chicken to the pan with the mushrooms and stir to combine.
5. Add the chicken broth to the pan and bring it to a quick boil before adding the peas and asparagus. Simmer together for 2 minutes.
6. Add the crème fraîche, stir and simmer for 1 minute until heated thoroughly.
7. Add the chives and tarragon and stir to combine. Adjust the seasoning if necessary. Serve immediately.