I am a big fan of curry. Not sure why! And even though my husband doesn’t think he likes it and my kids either for that matter, they do! I made this dish the other night and I plan to do it again real soon! I made some notes on how I changed it at the bottom of this recipe, take ’em or leave ’em. I decided NOT to make meatballs. It’ll be delish no matte what! This recipe os from The Bewitchin Kitchen.
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped carrots
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsps freeze dried cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsps basil
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce if not Whole30)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and pepper
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
Pre-Heat Oven to 400F
- Place all the ingredients (but the chicken) into a high-powered blender or food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Add the chicken and mix well.
- Roll into 1 1/2 – 2″ balls and place them on a lined or greased pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, roll the meatballs over and bake them for an additional 15.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat the coconut milk.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
PUTTING IT TOGETHER
- Add the meatballs to the sauce, stir them around and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over cauliflower rice.
NOTES ON HOW I SAVED TIME ETC.
I cooked the ground chicken in a pan instead of making meatballs and then just added all the ingredients. I omitted the 1 tbsp coconut aminos and the red chili flakes for fear of it being too “warm” for the kids. I added broccoli toward the end of the sauce simmering to briefly steam it. I thought it was a nice addition. We served with jasmine rice and lo mein noodles to satisfy everyone’s little taste buds! 😉