I had a Thai Salad Bowl with Chicken last night when my husband and I had a night out in Portsmouth, NH. It made me think – that’s it, I’m going to find something similar for OUR Lunchbox Love® Sunday Supper. This recipe, from Kitschen Cat, is different from what I had but I think the kids will like it. That’s the most important thing, right? This recipe is ready in 15 minutes! Adding chicken, steak, or shrimp would be a cinch too! Enjoy – and don’t forget to tell us what you think!
Sign up for Lunchbox Love®’s newsletter! Our NEW Riddles Volumes 9-16 and are in stock – ready to top those back to school lunches!
- 8 ounces lo mein egg noodles or spaghetti noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 bell pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 cups cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, or more, to taste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- Boil noodles according to package directions, then drain and set aside.
- While noodles are cooking, heat olive oil in large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Saute garlic and onion together for 2 minutes, then add broccoli, bell pepper, and carrots. Saute for 4 minutes, then add in sliced mushrooms. Saute another 2 minutes.
- Whisk together all ingredients for sauce, then pour over top of vegetables, stir, then add in cooked noodles and toss to combine.