Although my kids are pretty picky when it comes to certain things, they both like bold flavors and different spices. Indian food is a popular choice in my house and cooking this Curried Chicken with the veges makes it an easy & delicious Sunday supper.
(recipe and photo from FoodAndWine.com)
Sign up for our newsletter for great ideas for Valentine’s Day and more!
2 pounds butternut squash in 1-inch cubes (from one 2 1/2-pound squash)
1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, halved
2 large red onions, cut into thin wedges
1 cup canola oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, plus more for serving
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Preheat the oven to 450° and position racks in the upper and middle thirds.
- In a very large bowl, toss the butternut squash with the brussels sprouts, onion wedges and 1/2 cup of the canola oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables on 2 large, sturdy rimmed baking sheets.
- In the same bowl, combine the cup of yogurt with the ginger, garlic, curry powder and the remaining 1/2 cup of oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken and toss until thoroughly coated.
- Arrange the chicken on top of the vegetables. Roast for about 40 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through, until the vegetables are nearly tender and the chicken is nearly cooked through.
- Pour off any accumulated liquid in the pans and roast for about 20 minutes longer, until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is lightly browned.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a platter and serve with warm naan and yogurt.
For more recipes and to check out Lunchbox Love, visit us at www.sayplease.com.