On St. Patrick's Day, everyone's got a little bit of Irish in them. In my family, my mom boils up a huge pot of corned beef and cabbage but, in an attempt to make her life a bit easier, I came across this recipe from the blog Yonder Wild that cooks the dish in a slow cooker–less mess and just as delicious. So, put on your green t-shirt, gather round the table with your family, and pretend to be Irish for a day.
Crockpot Corned Beef and Cabbage
(adapted from Yonder Wild)
3-4 carrots, diced
1-2 parsnips, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
4 medium potatoes, diced
1 Corned Beef Brisket with seasoning packet
Bottle of beer (optional)
1/2 head of a large green cabbage, quartered
1. Place all carrots, parsnips, celery, and potatoes on the bottom of the crockpot.
2. Put the meat, fat side up, on top of the vegetables and sprinkle spice packet on top.
3. Pour beer, if using, and enough water to just cover the meat.
4. Place lid on crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours. For the last hour, add the cabbage.
5. Remove the meat and slice. Serve with veggies and enjoy!