This is the plan for TONIGHT! Check out this recipe from Tip Buzz. See below for what I made LAST NIGHT!
Sign up for our newsletter for all kinds of great ideas to connect with your kids year round!
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts skinless, boneless
- 3 bell peppers red, yellow, green
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder or minced garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 flour tortillas 8 inch size
Garnishes – optional
- lime wedges
- fresh cilantro chopped
- sour cream
Preheat oven to 400°F. Set aside a large baking sheet.
On a work surface, cut chicken breasts, onions and peppers into less than 1/2 inch strips.
Place chicken, peppers, onions and peppers on the baking sheet. Sprinkle cumin, chilli powder, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper on top and drizzle with oil.
Using tongs or two spoons, toss all ingredients on the pan to coat evenly.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven, and use tongs stir chicken and vegetables. Then slide them one quarter of the way over, to make space for torillas.
Mop up excess juices with a paper towel, and then add the tortillas to the pan. Return to the oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
Remove from oven and squeeze optional fresh lime on top. Serve in tortillas with optional cilantro, sour cream and avocado. Enjoy!
BONUS – Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp – from Cafe Delites
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 pound (500 g) shrimp (or prawns), tails on or off
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup white wine (OPTIONAL)
- 5 oz (150 g) jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil, drained(reserve 1 teaspoon of the jarred oil for cooking)
- 1 3/4 cups half and half SEE NOTES
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, washed
- 2/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour) mixed with 1 tablespoons of water (optional)***
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add in the garlic and fry until fragrant (about one minute). Add in the shrimp and fry two minutes on each side, until just cooked through and pink. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
Fry the onion in the butter remaining in the skillet. Pour in the white wine (if using), and allow to reduce to half, while scraping any bits off of the bottom of the pan. Add the sun dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes to release their flavours.
Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the half and half and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, and add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce. (For a thicker sauce, add the milk/cornstarch mixture to the centre of the pan, and continue to simmer while quickly stirring the mixture through until the sauce thickens.)
Add the shrimp back into the pan; sprinkle with the herbs and parsley, and stir through.
Serve over pasta, rice or steamed veg.