Who doesn't love the sound of the sizzling fajitas, the onion/pepper aroma filling the air? This slow-cooker recipe, from 100 Days of Real Food, makes up for the lack of sizzle with big flavors and the convenience of a crockpot. The spice rub, peppers, and onions join together to make a mouth-watering dinner the whole family will love. Add all the ingredients in the morning, turn to HIGH, and a delicious supper will be waiting for you when you are ready to sit down with your loved ones.
Slow Cooker Flank Steak Fajitas
- Mix together the dry spices with a fork including the chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Rub the spice mixture over all sides of the flank steak and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle the soy sauce on top.
- Top the flank steak with the diced jalapeno and minced garlic. Slice the bell peppers and onion and throw those on top of the steak as well.
- Turn the slow cooker onto HIGH and cook for 5 – 6 hours or until the steak can easily be shredded with two forks.
- Drain the meat and peppers well then serve with the recommended fajita “fixings” (listed above).
For more delicious recipes and to check out Lunchbox Love, visit our site www.sayplease.com.