This week's installment of Sunday Suppers with Lunchbox Love includes two of our favorite dishes–pasta with pesto sauce and Caesar salad. With the amount of garlic in these two recipes, make sure you share this meal with people who already love you. 🙂
(photo courtesy of FoodNetwork.com)
4 cups fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup pine nuts
2 garlic cloves
pinch of salt
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound pasta, cooked
- Place the basil, pine nuts, garlic, and salt into the bowl of a food processor and pulse until everything is combined. You may need to scrape down the bowl a few times to make sure everything is processed fully.
- With the processor running, slowly drizzle the oil into the basil mixture until a paste is formed.
- Add the cheese and stir to combine.
- Stir the pesto into the cooked pasta and enjoy!
(recipe and photo courtesy of The Pioneer Woman)
3 romaine hearts, separated into whole leaves
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire
5 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
Ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (preferably Parmigiano Reggiano), plus extra for sprinkling
Croutons, either homemade or store-bought
- Place lettuce leaves in a large bowl.
- Whisk lemon juice, mayonnaise, half the reserved garlic, and Worcestershire in a small bowl.
- Drizzle lettuce with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and toss lightly and carefully.
- Drizzle lemon mixture over lettuce; toss again.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over greens; toss again.
- Sprinkle croutons over the salad; toss and serve, sprinkling each portion with a little more Parmesan cheese.